10 steps to efficient essay writing
Writing an essay has multiple steps but focusing on the most important can help make the process less stressful. Each part of the writing process offers a unique element to your topic. As you develop content and being planning your paper, there are certain details you want to stand out such as your main idea (thesis statement). While the type of essay varies there are basic steps you can complete no matter the subject matter. Here are 10 steps you can take to get the paper you want on your topic.
Prepare To Write
- 1. Find sample essay papers and study content. The first step in writing an academic paper of this nature includes seeking samples. Such content acts as a guide in helping you develop content for your topic. It helps plan your structure in how to organize and present your findings.
- 2. Take notes on what to write based on guidelines. Guidelines can sometimes be overlooked in this situation. Be sure to review them carefully and get clarification from your instructor or colleague. As you learn more of what is expected you can start taking notes on what your next steps will be to start your assignment.
- 3. Brainstorm ideas for an original topic. An original topic is something different and unique. This is basically the opposite of a common topic. An effective essay will highlight views and opinions on subject matter of significance. This may take you some time to understand what to write about and from what perspective. You may come up with a list of possible topic ideas and you break them down into one.
- 4. Define solid thesis statement or main idea for your essay. The main idea is the center point of your paper. It should stand out, be clear and concise, and offer definite insight on a claim or argument. You could challenge an opinion or present an argument with an unusual point.
- 5. Research your topic and take notes on what to mention. Find suitable resources for your topic and start taking notes. There are various forms of writing resources including the internet, journal publications, and current media stories. Find your niche or what interests you the most to help you find useful sources. If you seek quality assignment online help, this step will be easier to complete.
- 6. Develop outline based on findings. An essay outline offers an easier way to write your paper. The outline is broken into sections your paper will include when it is finalized. You will add discussion points and research data. The outline makes it easier to organize data for writing purposes. This will save you time later in the writing process.
- 7. Write rough draft for each part of your essay. The rough draft is an undone version of your final paper. The outline will help you write this in half the time. You are taking notes and information gathered and defining them with proper sentence and paragraph structure. The paper will not be perfect at this point and you will work toward revising it.
Make It Perfect
8. Rewrite and revise content. This effort includes cleaning up details and making changes that may include adding or removing content. Your paragraph structure should be better and you will be closer to finalizing content.
9. Edit and proofread upon finalizing. When you feel your paper is final you can review it for errors or mistakes. Check elements such as word usage, punctuation, grammar and so on. Edit the content yourself or work with a professional editor.
10. Compare final draft with guidelines before submission. After writing and polishing your content assess what you have completed. Does it match guidelines?